Sunday, April 7, 2013

Semana Santa

Mom and Dad came into town for Semana Santa this year and man, was I ever grateful. It was nice to have people to talk to and hang out with for almost a solid two weeks. It made me realize how much I miss just sitting, drinking coffee with my mom or watching TV with my dad. Honestly, if we never left their apartment I think I would have had just as much fun with them. Luckily we got a few trips and sight-seeing in as well :) We even got to see a football game! But I was happy just to have someone around. And now that they're gone I'm back to being lonely and bored. And dreading the weekends. I guess I could wander around Madrid like I usually do, but it won't be the same by myself. I'm starting to wonder how much more of this I can take. 

That being said, I have a really great time in this city when I have people to enjoy it with. I love it so much. There's always something new to try and explore. And I can't believe how many new things I discovered with my parents. Stuff I've walked by a million times but never gave it a second thought. Museo de Jamón, I'm talking to you. Great ham sandwiches that are sooo cheap! Can't beat it. I'll never find that at home :( 

I also discovered a new Irish bar that I really like, but it's useless to me if no one ever wants to go out. Or wants to watch football games. Or wants to get tea and scones. Boo. How did I end up in this situation where no one ever wants to do things that I think are fun?? Not every weekend can be a trip somewhere. I want to have fun "at home" as well. And now, for the first time in my entire life, I have all kinds of free time on the weekends and no one to spend it with. I guess that's how the universe works. You can have one or the other but never both at the same time. Or maybe I'm just not trying hard enough. Or maybe I've just given up altogether. I'm open to any advice at this point. 

Hmm, this isn't where I thought this blog post was going to go, but oh well. Hopefully the next one will be better.

~Caralyn

 


No comments:

Post a Comment